Sustainability Performance Reports
In 2016, we set an ambitious goal to reduce our environmental impact by committing to a 20% reduction by 2020 (our 20/20 Challenge). In 2016, Allergan continued the journey to improve performance on this measure and being a more sustainable company, including by:
- Implementing our Social Contract with Patients that improves access to safe, high-quality medicines
- Reducing absolute greenhouse gas emission from our manufacturing/R&D operations by 11%
- Reducing our energy intensity from our manufacturing/R&D operations by more than 10%
- Recycling more than 75% of our waste
- Increasing our employee engagement on health and safety issues, as measured by our Good Observation rate, by 30%
- Reducing our occupational injury incident rate by more than 30%
Allergan has been recognized for these efforts, including receiving the ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence award
from the Environmental Protection Agency and being named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index.
Reduction by 2020
Allergan's 20/20 Challenge
More information about Allergan’s commitment is provided throughout the Responsibility section, in our 2017 Proxy Statement (pdf) and our 2017 10-K (pdf). We will continue to work to ensure we are meeting our sustainability goals and reducing our impact on the world around us.
2016 Allergan Sustainability Performance Report
Covering the period from January 1, 2015–December 31, 2015.
2017 Allergan Sustainability Performance Report
Covering the period from January 1, 2016 – December 31, 2016.